Here is my third episode of The Get Back! Although, I’ve been gone a long time, I thank you for the support and sticking with me!
Hello loves! I am currently looking to revamp and rebuild my brand from the ground up and I need some creative and hardworking talented people to help me. Here are a few of the positions I am looking to fill. If you are interested, please shoot me an email with your name and the position your interested in in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include why you’re interested, a little bit about yourself, and a writing sample if possible. Thank you!
- Junior Editor: The Big Cheese. You have the responsibility of fact checking, spelling, grammar, etc. Make sure that the final product reflects the personality of the writer and the overall tone of the brand. You enforce the deadlines to ensure they are met and that the brand stays strong and consistent.
- Lifestyle (Writer): For the people. You are in charge of self-help and uplifting; whether it is beauty, fitness, emotions, spirituality, sex. You think we need it; I need you to write it.
- Foodie/Travel (Writer): Self-explanatory. You love to eat; we’d love to have you. You visit restaurants, food trucks, carnival stands, you name it! Report your findings and don’t forget to leak the location!
- Spotlights (Writer): Time for tea! You find out the latest small businesses, events, festivals and you report it back to us! Our supporters need to know!
- Event Coordinator: There’s nothing like a good party. Your responsibility is to bring our team’s vision to life. You are in charge of everything from making the guest list to hiring the DJ. Will it be open bar? Indoor or Outdoor? Casual or black tie affair? It’s up to you!
- Recruiter/Talent Acquisition: Inspector Gadget. You sift out new and raw talent to add to the team, the hottest venue for our next event, or a special someone for our next WCW. We trust in your ability to take our site to the next level.
- WCW (writer): Your responsibility is to find, sit-down with amazing women and tell their story. Show them why they’re our crush of the week. Uplift and Represent.
- Graphic Designer: A look. Your responsibility is to take our look and add some highlight. Our sites need a bronzy glow and you are our personal MUA.
- Social Media/Strategy: CashMeOnTheTimeline How bout dah? You are our mouthpiece. All the apps. You also keep up with other social movements that will make a great addition to a post or event. You are the chef in the recipe for success.
- Photographer: Off guards, selfies, us-ies? Hold it down!
Any other general questions or questions about the available positions, please contact me at email@example.com
Each day you get a fresh 24 hours to have a brand new start and turn your life in a different direction. Each day, you decide whether you want to be stuck in the same situation you were in yesterday or make changes to put you in a better position tomorrow. Each day you can make the conscious effort to be happy or just be. I decided to share with you all a few tips, mantras, or whatever you’d call it that I try and follow to keep myself out the dumps and in control.
- Not everyone has to be your friend: This is the opening statement of every speech you get from every black mom from middle school till eternity and I am now starting to realize that mama really knows best. Social media makes it a bit worse when all of the memes and Instagram pictures scream Squad Goals but not everyone is going to be in your squad. That doesn’t mean that you can’t keep them in your life but realize that in life you have your real friends and your party friends.
- Be your own cheerleader: If you have a passion, stick to it and believe in yourself. No one is going to support you like you. It’s hard to have something you’re super excited about and it doesn’t get the big name recognition you were hoping for. That’s life. What matters is that you keep going.
- Rest: OH MY GOSH, this is so important wow. Take a day off and just relax. Stop checking your emails, your notifications, your blog ratings, your listens on Soundcloud. Stop. Take a breath and do your laundry. Exfoliate. Binge watch TV shows on Netflix but please give yourself some rest. This will allow your brain to recuperate and that creative block you had all week will most likely subside and you’ll be flowing with ideas in no time.
- MER (Month End Reviews): Trying to reach yearly goals are possible but intimidating. I have so many things that I want to achieve before 2017 ends but being in the beginning stages can be overwhelming and feel unattainable. I realized that breaking my goals down week by week and then rating my progress at the end of each month allowed me to see what I am doing right and what tools I need to work on.
- Rewards!: After completing your month end review, make sure you reward yourself for the small goals you completed. For example, I’m on the hunt for a new job. I rewarded myself for completing at least five applications per week. It doesn’t have to be huge rewards either. Maybe a trip to the movies, a trip to your favorite restaurant, or those shoes you’ve been eyeing in the mall. But make sure that you give yourself a constant reminder that you’re doing well.
- Consistency/Discipline: I feel this goes hand-in-hand. Be disciplined enough to be consistent. I am what you call a habitual procrastinator. If I tell myself I will start something at 5:30 and its 5:31 then I have to wait until tomorrow at 5:30. Setting a schedule whether it be for blogging, recording, designing etc. helps to start and maintain balance. Just like working out, if you keep to a strict schedule, you’ll start seeing results.
These easy steps along with your own personal adaptations are a sure way to help you create whatever visions you see in your head. Keep at it and remember in life, there’s always love!
We think of about 60,000 thoughts per day. How terrible is it that if more than half of those thoughts result in you complaining? That’s a lot of damn complaining. When we’re living in a negative head-space it can be extremely difficult to find something not worth complaining about at least once a day. Viewing life from […]
Hey guys! So I finally got a new pair of headphones with my mic so that I can ramp up production again. I decided to kick off my podcasting again with a new season titled: ‘The Get Back.’ This will feature some helpful tips in order to keep you focused and ease your mind with all those overwhelming thoughts that us millenials have trying to brand ourselves in the industry we want. In addition, I’m looking to give you guys a more detailed look into my personal life with what I call “audio blogging” in which I catch you guys up what’s going in my life with my ‘Big Move’ and starting my new career. Hope you guys and enjoy and remember, in life there is LOVE!
Hello guys! I know I have been gone for a while but trust me, I am working hard. Beside the 40-hour work weeks, I have been grinding out so many things for my family and my own personal businesses. With that being said, I have started a small fundraising campaign for an annual event I want to do in the fall of this year.
Beyond Our Blackness is an annual exhibition that showcases the talents of black owners, artists, musicians, writers, chefs, trainers, etc. and gives them a platform to network with others. Although this is the first event, I would love to have this bigger than ever! If you would like to support, please click here to donate as well as copy and share the link on your social media platforms. If you are in the NYC as well as surrounding areas, please be on the lookout for the event so you can attend. Thank you so much for all your constant support and be blessed.
One of my many and longer mottos in life are: find a passion that brings you joy, one that gives back, and one that draws an income. If you’re lucky, you’ll find one that does all three.
I always loved to create and my grandmother always inspired me to do just that. Whether it was with music, art, food, praying or anything else she could think of. With that beings said, I decided to start a small business in which I personalize graduation caps. I’m no B. Smith, but I definitely think with a little support and a lot of practice, I can definitely turn this into something. I’m already proud of myself for putting my work out there but I know I can really help others and add a little more flair to their big day.
Although this is just the beginning, I hope you guys all support by either purchasing or if you ‘been there, grad that,’ please support by sharing. Also, don’t forget to follow @personalcaptures on Instagram for more info, new caps, and my road on this new venture. If you’re interested, the order form is in the bio as well. Thank you for everything and never forget to support your local black businesses!