So I am an avid reader and I have been writing all my life and I am proud to say that I am now published on Amazon! I wrote a short book of poems and excerpts that follow some of the darkest and happiest times of life dating all the way back to middle school.
Writing is something that comes easy but also is very hard because I excel at fiction but i struggle with putting my real thoughts into post like these. When I make up characters and scenarios, the words just flow and the story kind of weaves itself. On the other hand, when I report my life in a more non-fiction way, I call it “real time writing,” my words tend to become convoluted and take on this start-stop feel in which I feel like I’m reading a first-draft.
In addition, I always love the art of performing as I grew up in church and I am a singer. I was a part of ‘Phenomenal Voices,’ a performing arts and community service group at SUNY University at Albany, and since then I fell in love with the idea of spoken word.
“Why I stayed…” really hits home for me because it is so personal and so raw; but that I know it will evoke strong emotions and hopefully bring back some of those happy memories for my audience. When writing this, it felt like fiction because of the use of metaphors and heavy symbolism and allowed me to really tap into those emotions without having to name names. I love to write fiction and I am currently working on a few novels that I hope to have done by the end of this year or early 2018.
I hope to turn “Why I Stayed…” into a series of about three or four books that fall into each other and allow people to see the real writer behind the great author I aspire to be. If you would like to support my work, you can add the kindle version or the paperback to your summer reading list!
Hello loves! I am currently looking to revamp and rebuild my brand from the ground up and I need some creative and hardworking talented people to help me. Here are a few of the positions I am looking to fill. If you are interested, please shoot me an email with your name and the position your interested in in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include why you’re interested, a little bit about yourself, and a writing sample if possible. Thank you!
- Junior Editor: The Big Cheese. You have the responsibility of fact checking, spelling, grammar, etc. Make sure that the final product reflects the personality of the writer and the overall tone of the brand. You enforce the deadlines to ensure they are met and that the brand stays strong and consistent.
- Lifestyle (Writer): For the people. You are in charge of self-help and uplifting; whether it is beauty, fitness, emotions, spirituality, sex. You think we need it; I need you to write it.
- Foodie/Travel (Writer): Self-explanatory. You love to eat; we’d love to have you. You visit restaurants, food trucks, carnival stands, you name it! Report your findings and don’t forget to leak the location!
- Spotlights (Writer): Time for tea! You find out the latest small businesses, events, festivals and you report it back to us! Our supporters need to know!
- Event Coordinator: There’s nothing like a good party. Your responsibility is to bring our team’s vision to life. You are in charge of everything from making the guest list to hiring the DJ. Will it be open bar? Indoor or Outdoor? Casual or black tie affair? It’s up to you!
- Recruiter/Talent Acquisition: Inspector Gadget. You sift out new and raw talent to add to the team, the hottest venue for our next event, or a special someone for our next WCW. We trust in your ability to take our site to the next level.
- WCW (writer): Your responsibility is to find, sit-down with amazing women and tell their story. Show them why they’re our crush of the week. Uplift and Represent.
- Graphic Designer: A look. Your responsibility is to take our look and add some highlight. Our sites need a bronzy glow and you are our personal MUA.
- Social Media/Strategy: CashMeOnTheTimeline How bout dah? You are our mouthpiece. All the apps. You also keep up with other social movements that will make a great addition to a post or event. You are the chef in the recipe for success.
- Photographer: Off guards, selfies, us-ies? Hold it down!
Any other general questions or questions about the available positions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org